Topics and Methodology
Day 1: Errors, Irregularities and Financial Corrections in ESI Funds
- Overview of most common types of errors and irregularities in ESI Funds
- State aid as new source or irregularities?
- Simplified Cost Options and irregularities
- Management verifications – measure to find errors before they become irregularities
- Treatment of irregularities, reporting and financial corrections
- When do irregularities lead to recoveries, withdrawalsand financial corrections
- Case studies on how to detect and handle irregularities
- Group exercises on how to choose the right type of financial correction and how to calculate the rate of corrections
- Irregularities from the perspective of Audit Authorities (audit of accounts, audit on operations, system audit)
Day 2: Preventing, Detecting and Combating Fraud and Corruption in ESI Funds
- The Anti-fraud Cycle: Implementing effective and proportionate anti-fraud measures
- Conducting fraud risk assessment and risk analysis
- How to deepen your awareness and knowledge of risks of Fraud and Corruption
- How to improve your own skills in successful prevention and detection
- The most important elements / framework of references
- Input for your own (national) Management and Control System
- Group work exercise on how to design a fraud prevention strategy for your institution
- Practical case on selection of operations for fraud risk analysis, and definition of effective and proportionate measures based on the outcome of that risk analysis
- Communication with OLAF
Day 3: Irregularities and Fraud in Public Procurement & Remedial Actions
- ESIF programmes and public procurement
- Most common procurement errors and irregularities
- Fraud risks in public procurement
- Case studies on typical errors and irregularities in Procurement Cycle
- Group work and exercises on real life examples and cases
- Remedial actions for ESIF managers
The participants will be actively involved in the course in various exercises and group work. This round-table format will offer a platform to learn how to prevent, detect and combat irregularities and fraud in ESI Funds. Besides expert presentations, the sessions will include discussions and exchange of national (best) practices as well as expert guidance on how to best implement and apply the foreseen measures and strategies in your country.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the training.
- Representatives from public authorities in charge of financial management, control and audit, especially from:
- Managing Authorities
- Certifying Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
- ESI Funds experts from regional and local authorities and experts involved in ETC Programme
- Beneficiaries of EU funded projects, i.e.: Private and public companies, associations, research institutes
- Public and private banks
- International, national and local associations and networks
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you were unable to make it to the workshop and/or conference you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 299,- (each, excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact us.