In the current programming period a stronger control regime with the focus on effective financial management and control system was established. One of the new elements of the financial management and control system is the twelve-month accounting year, which starts on 1 July and ends on 30 June (except for the first accounting period). According to the requirements of the European Commission, managing, certifying, audit authorities and intermediate bodies have to prepare the Assurance Package and to provide all included documents to the European Commission till 15 February of the next accounting year.
Certifying authority is challenged to submit annual accounts, based on certified payment applications, conducted by managing authority during the accounting year. Accounts shall be accompanied by the management declaration and annual summary of the final audit reports and of controls carried out – this is the responsibility of the managing authority. Finally, audit authority has to submit annual control report and opinion of an independent audit body drawn up in accordance with internationally accepted audit standards.
Very clear division of tasks, smooth communication and efficient interplay between the involved authorities is crucial for successful submission of all the documents of the Assurance Package to the European Commission accurate and in time.
The two-day intensive workshop focuses on the following topics:
- Requirements and obligations of managing, certifying, audit authorities and intermediate bodies on preparing and submitting of the Assurance Package to the European Commission in 2014-2020
- Management verifications: role of managing authority/intermediate body
- How to prepare, certify and submit payment applications to the European Commission
- How to prepare, certify and submit annual accounts to the European Commission
- Audit of annual accounts
- How to conduct annual summary and management declaration
- Verification of annual summary and management declaration
- How to prepare audit opinion and annual control report
- Errors and irregularities in the Assurance Package
- Audit of the Assurance Package by the European Court of Auditors
Workshop Material – no need to miss anything!
If you are unable to make it to the workshop you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 199,- (each, excl. of VAT).
If interested, please contact us.