This workshop will help you to get best prepared for the successful preparation and accurate submission of the Assurance Package 2020 to the European Commission. Certifying Authorities will learn how to conduct and submit annual accounts. Managing Authorities will get expertise on how to prepare the management declaration and annual summary. Audit Authorities will be trained on how to draw up the audit opinion and annual control report.
In the current programming period a stronger control regime with the focus on effective financial management and control system was established. One of the requirements of this financial management and control system is the twelve-month accounting year, which starts on 1 July and ends on 30 June (except for the first accounting period). According to the requirements of the European Commission, managing, certifying, audit authorities and intermediate bodies have to prepare the Assurance Package and to provide all included documents to the European Commission by 15 February of the next accounting year.
Certifying authority is challenged to submit annual accounts, based on certified payment applications, conducted by the managing authority during the accounting year. Accounts shall be accompanied by the management declaration and annual summary of the final audit reports and of the controls carried out – this is the responsibility of the managing authority. Finally, the audit authority has to submit the annual control report and opinion of an independent audit body drawn up in accordance with internationally accepted audit standards.
A very clear division of tasks, smooth communication and efficient interplay between the involved authorities are crucial for the successful and accurate submission of all the documents of the Assurance Package to the European Commission.
The two-day intensive workshop focuses on the following topics:
- Requirements and obligations of managing, certifying, audit authorities and intermediate bodies for the preparation and submission of the Assurance Package to the European Commission
- Management verifications: role of the managing authority/intermediate body
- How to prepare, certify and submit payment applications to the European Commission
- How to prepare, certify and submit annual accounts to the European Commission
- Audit of annual accounts
- How to conduct annual summary and management declaration
- Verification of annual summary and management declaration
- How to prepare audit opinion and annual control report
- Errors and irregularities in the Assurance Package
- Audit of the Assurance Package by the European Court of Auditors
Who should participate?
- Representatives from public authorities in charge of management and implementation of Operational Programmes, especially from:
- Managing Authorities
- Certifying Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
- ESI Funds experts from regional and local authorities and experts involved in ETC Programme
- Auditors controlling and auditing ESI Funds programmes and projects
- Experts from National and regional Courts of Auditors
- Experts from Institutions involved in the implementation of ESI funds
- Consultants and lawyers specialized on ESI Funds
- Beneficiaries of EU funded projects
Workshop Material – No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to make it to the workshop you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 199,- (each, excl. of VAT).
If interested, please contact Anya Zuschke.