In light of COVID-19 pandemic, the number of employees working from home has sharply increased over the last number of weeks. Companies that have had little or no experience with remote work have had to adapt their processes and internal communication tools very quickly. Detailing how companies can ensure that these processes and new work arrangements are data protection compliant, this short webinar will cover the following topics:
- Compliance with transparency obligations of conferencing platforms like Zoom, Teams, Skype, Webex
- The new COVID-19 guidelines of the EDSA/EDPB
- COVID-19 and employee data protection – recommendations of data protection authorities from all EU/EEA Member States
- Fighting COVID-19 without digital surveillance: How to enforce quarantine obligations without compromising fundamental rights?
A live webinar by Lexxion Publisher combines presentations, cases studies and discussions on practical problems. All speakers present live via video and audio. Participants can ask questions and actively engage in discussions at any time using the Q&A chat function.
The webinar materials are available for download after the event.
Upon request participants receive a certificate of participation.
Bigmarker is our webinar platform. In order to join our webinar, please check your device compatibility first.
What do you need in order to join the webinar?
- Speakers (Audio Playback Device), eg headphones or headset.
- A wired connection is strongly recommended.
- If your internet connection doesn´t work, you can join the webinar by telephone, using a dial-in number. In this case there might be additional telephone costs.
How to join the webinar?
- Choose the computer from which you would like to follow the webinar.
- Please check your device compatibility.
- As soon as you get the invitation link: Please register for the webinar by clicking the invitation link.
- 15 minutes before the webinar: Bring your headphones, click the inviation link, enter and enjoy the webinar!
Minimum system requirements are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later; Mac OS X 10.12 or later, Linux.
- Browser: The most recently-published versions of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, or Opera.
- High-speed internet: A consistent, high-speed connection is required. Mobile tethering, hotspots, slow or inconsistent public Wi-Fi networks may create latency when using video conferencing.
Why do I need to register before the webinar starts?
Thank you for registering! This not only helps us to communicate with you in regard to technical issues but it helps you to network with your fellow webinar participants.
Why can’t I see the presenter?
Please check your bandwith. We highly recommend a strong bandwith of 10 Mbps.
Will the webinar be recorded?
Yes, it will be recorded.
Do I need a microphone?
No, you do not.
Do I need to install anything?
No. We expect you to have a browser, of course.
Can I ask questions during the webinar?
Yes, there will be a chat option available. You can contact with the speakers directly to ask any question you may have.
When can I enter the webinar I’m attending?
15 minutes before the start. You only can enter if you have passed the system check.
May I leave the webinar and come back later?
Yes, just log in at a later time during the webinar.
May I access via Phone?
Yes, you can. Participating via phone means you can listen only. Please keep in mind that you will be dialling a US number which would result in higher telephone costs.
Can’t find invitation?
Please check your spam-folder. You should also ask your colleague from the IT department to ‘whitelist’ us. For more details please ask the corresponding event manager, who will be happy to help you.
I failed the Firewall System Check – what can I do?
Please contact your IT department and have them open the necessary ports, which can be found here.
What are the detailed System requirements?
All requirements can be found here.
I failed the Audio Output System Test – what can I do?
If you are using headphones or external speakers, try unplugging them. Please unmute your device. Test your speakers here to find out if they work.
I would like to participate but I’m waiting for an approval. Can I order a ticket on the day of the webinar?
Sure. Please message firstname.lastname@example.org.
My email address has changed – can I still participate?
Sure. Please provide us with your updated email adress; you will then receive a new invitation.
How do I contact the host of the webinar?
email@example.com is happy to help you.